Our Character Education Program
Students at Three Oaks Public School Academy participate in the Character Choices Program designed to help students develop their personal character, become lifelong learners and transform into quality citizens within their communities.
Character Choices focuses on nine monthly traits, which are woven into the curriculum throughout the entire year. The Character Choices curriculum is aligned to Common Core Standards, making it a regular part of the school day and a part of the dialogue of the students’ day. Each trait is assigned a focus month to allow the students more time to delve into the true meaning of the trait.
What makes our program so unique?
- Helps to develop social and academic behaviors
- Includes academic lessons that correspond with the traits
- Monthly assemblies and recognition
- Includes etiquette lessons to train kids for social settings now and in the future
- Includes community service activities each month
- Covers nine different traits throughout the school year
- Promotes parent and community involvement
- Is adaptable for students of all ages
- Lessons are aligned to Common Core Standards
- Includes training on kids music classes on social media
- Extension activities are included for families to get involved in their child’s learning
- The Annual Spring Character Choices Expression writing contest allows students to apply what they’ve learned for a chance at a scholarship
- And MUCH MORE!
Students and teachers work together to practice each trait in writing, reading and through their actions. Teachers are able to build Character Choices lessons into their everyday lessons through various activities, books, and demonstrations.